Ohio and Kentucky Debt Collection Attorneys Assisting Creditors
Ethical legal counsel to effectively pursue unpaid debts
Lenders often come into conflict with borrowers whose financial hardships or basic intransigence prevents them from repaying amounts owed. When loan workouts do not improve the situation, the lender may have no other choice that to pursue a remedy in state court. For almost 40 years, Mason, Schilling & Mason Co., LPA has assisted financial institutions with capable representation in civil court lawsuits. The firm provides civil litigation services that are:
- Results driven -- MSM measures its success on recovering for its clients.
- Client centered -- MSM's work ethic is unquestioned, and MSM goes the extra step to satisfy our clients.
- Focused -- MSM's singular area of practice is representing creditors. The firm limits its clientele to ensure that each client receives a level of personal attention unmatched by larger collection firms
Legal action recovery complaints to recover amounts owed
In cases of unsecured loans or credit card debt, a lender can bring an action against the debtor. A judgment in state court gives the creditor a range of options to enforce payment, including:
- A wage garnishment -- The debtor's employer deducts wages from the debtor's take home pay
- A levy on the debtor's bank accounts -- In cases where the debtor has assets to pay a part or the whole of the debt, you may be entitled to attach an account
- A lien on the debtor's property -- MSM can place an encumbrance on real property
- Writs of Execution - Court orders sheriff to take possession of money or property.
In cases of secured debt, where the debtor has used real or personal property for collateral, the lender may move against the property itself. A judgment gives the lender rights toward the property that are enforceable against the entire world. Such remedies include:
- Foreclosures of mortgages -- Foreclosures return ownership and possession of a property to the mortgage lender
- Enforcement of liens -- A lien against a property does not completely cure a debt dispute unless the debtor sells the property or buys out the lien. The court may order property to be liquidated to satisfy the debt.
- Cognovit judgment -- A special type of commercial contract/clause permitting a party to take a judgment in Ohio
Contact MSM today for your debt collection needs
If you are a creditor and have been threatened with a legal action. Call 513-489-0829 or contact the Cincinnati office online.